ass. prof bioarchaeology
Lehre und Forschung
Link zu weiterführenden Informationen
Anzahl der ausgeschriebenen Stellen: 1
Ist die Stelle unbefristet
Arbeitsstunden pro Woche
Bruttojahresgehalt in Euro (Mindestgehalt)
Beginn der Bewerbungsfrist
Ende der Bewerbungsfrist
|Beschreibung der Stelle|
150363 Associate Professor in Bioarchaeology
The Globe Institute
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
The University seeks to appoint an Associate Professor in Bioarchaeology to the Globe Institute (https://globe.ku.dk) starting on 1 June 2020 or as soon as possible.
The Globe Institute is part of the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at the University of Copenhagen. The Institute’s main purpose is to address basic scientific questions through interdisciplinary approaches. The institute operates at the intersection of natural and medical sciences and the humanities.
As part of the Globe’s remit and to strengthen its existing research and teaching program, we seek to appoint an associate professor in bioarchaeology to work at the intersection of natural/medical sciences and the humanities and to develop a strong teaching program.
The associate professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
• research, including publication/academic dissemination with a focus on bioarchaeology and the development of international collaborative research projects
• research-based teaching, including the development of an international Master’s degree program and associated examination within his/her general area of competence
• research leadership including and supervision of Masters and PhD students
• attraction and management of external funding for research
• development of analytical services for archaeologists as part of the ArchaeoScience initiative (https://archaeoscience.ku.dk)
• public dissemination of research outcomes, including the development of strong public outreach programs and participation in public debates
• academic assessments
The successful applicant will have a PhD in bioarchaeology or a related discipline and an excellent track record of original research at international level.
In addition, the successful applicant should be able to document:
• research qualifications at the level that can be achieved by satisfactorily completing a period of employment as an assistant professor, but may also be obtained in other ways
• an outstanding publication record in bioarchaeology, with focus on both ancient DNA and stable isotope analyses of human remains
• a proven track record working at the interface of the natural/medical science and the humanities
• pedagogical competencies and a proven track record of research-based teaching, including the creation and running of undergraduate and postgraduate courses
• experience in supervising Bachelor, Master’s and PhD students
• a proven track record in attracting external funding at both national and international level
• excellent team and project management skills, including the management of major international collaborative research projects
• a proven track record in setting up fruitful collaborations with archaeologists and heritage managers
• experience in developing and promoting analytical services for the heritage sector
• an excellent track record in communicating research results to the wider public, including the development of public outreach programs, museum exhibitions, or TV documentaries
• excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations. The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2013.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk.
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
• Application, including motivations for applying for this position (max. 2 pages)
• Curriculum vitae, including a complete list of publications
• Diplomas (Masters, PhD and other relevant certificates)
• 5-year research plan (3-5 pages)
• Uploads of maximum 5 publications to be considered in the assessment
• Teaching portfolio (https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
• Teaching plan
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Thursday 31 October 2019.
|Anforderungen für BewerberInnen|