Link zu weiterführenden Informationen
Anzahl der ausgeschriebenen Stellen: 1
Ist die Stelle unbefristet
Arbeitsstunden pro Woche
Bruttojahresgehalt in Euro (Mindestgehalt)
Beginn der Bewerbungsfrist
Ende der Bewerbungsfrist2020-10-31
|Beschreibung der Stelle|
The Société Jersiaise (www.societe-jersiaise.org) founded in 1873, is the learned Society for Jersey: its aims are the study of Jersey history, archaeology, geology, natural history and language. From its beginning the Société has played the fundamental role in Jersey archaeology. Members have carried out many excavations and the Société has published most of what has been published locally on the subject. Jersey is rich in its archaeological resources and the Société owns many of the Island’s sites.
The Archaeology Section of the Société is a small dedicated team of amateur archaeologists with significant local experience. Since 2010 we have had a professional community field archaeologist, the only one based in Jersey, working for us on a five year contract, and we now wish to appoint a new full-time person for the next five year term.
To research into the archaeology of Jersey in its local and European setting
To organise and direct exploratory archaeological excavations within the Island
To record and publish the results of archaeological work to a recognised standard
To attend meetings of Archaeology Section and to either lead or participate in Section work and training
To participate in generalSociété events and activities
To advise the Société in its response to planning applications
Possibly to carry out watching briefs, archaeological sampling, and desk top studies
Reporting to the Field Archaeology Committee the Field Archaeologist will:
Work closely with, and lead, a small and experienced team of local amateur archaeologists
Liaise and foster contact with employees of various related organisations and Government of Jersey Departments
Encourage and maintain Société links and relationships with other learned societies in France, Guernsey and Britain
Give talks and occasional lectures in English and French, and organise, with assistance, local conferences
Respond to enquiries on archaeology within academic, educational and commercial contexts made to the Société in a timely fashion.
Advise on the management of the archaeological sites in the Société’s ownership
A university degree in archaeology
Minimum of Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) or equivalent
Fluent in the French language, spoken and written
This is a unique post which will have a balance between group research work, personal research work and collaborative work with other bodies all with immediate relevance to the Island. The appointment is for an initial period of five years and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please apply with a comprehensive CV and a handwritten cover letter to:
Miss Clare M. Cornick
7 Pier Road
The closing date for applications is 31st October 2020
SOCIÉTÉ JERSIAISE FIELD ARCHAEOLOGIST
Field Archaeologist – Full time role- 35hrs p.w.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Contract: Five years from date of commencement
• To research into the archaeology of Jersey in its local and European setting
• To carry out watching briefs, archaeological sampling, desk top studies and to organise and direct archaeological excavations within the Island
• To record and publish the results of archaeological work to a recognised standard
• To attend meetings of Archaeology Section and to either lead or participate in Section work and training
• To advise the Société in responding to planning applications
• To participate in general Société events and activities
Reporting to the Field Archaeology Committee the Field Archaeologist should:
• Work closely with, and lead, a small and experienced team of local amateur archaeologists
• Liaise and foster contact with employees of various related organisations and States Departments
• Encourage and maintain Société links and relationships with other learned societies in Guernsey, France and Britain
• Give talks and occasional lectures
• Respond to enquiries on archaeology within academic, educational and commercial contexts made to the Société in a timely fashion.
• Advise on the management of the archaeological sites in Société’s ownership
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A university degree in archaeology or a related subject
• Minimum of Associate Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA) or equivalent
• Fluent in the French language, spoken and written
The Field Archaeologist will answer directly to the Field Archaeology Sub Committee. Operational matters will be dealt with at the Sub Committee level. Funding and staff requests will be taken to the Executive Committee by the Chair of the SJFA Sub Committee. In the case of possible conflict of interest, the Field Archaeologist may take matters to the Administrative Secretary, who will take appropriate concerns to the Executive Committee.
|Anforderungen für BewerberInnen|
|ability to give talks in french and english
fluent in french language